Thursday, December 12, 2013

Breezy Made Me Wheelchair Cupcakes!




 30 years ago my dear old Dad had a motorbike accident, which left him a paraplegic.  In the early years we had a big celebration every year, a "Still Alive" party and last weekend marked a big 30 year milestone. 

Due to time limits my wish of getting a huge 3D wheelchair cake crashed as I realised that bakers just can't accommodate an order 10 days in advance (doh!) but Bree from Breezy's Cakes came to my rescue when she suggested cupcakes instead.

Her shop in Maroochydore QLD is very girly fitted out with a pink and aquamarine theme.  You can also stock up on cupcake baking supplies and even take a cupcake decorating crash course!  The crab and garden themed cupcakes above were from a recent kids class.




So what did the talented Bree do for my cupcakes?  Wheelchairs of course!
 


Everyone was super thrilled and were sooooo yummy!  Dare I say, even nicer the next day? 
(I hid 4 of them)  I really recommend Bree if you live on the Sunshine Coast for anything cupcake theme related.  her prices are very reasonable and she did my order on only 4 days notice.

Has anybody else had custom cakes made and what did you choose?

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely tradition! Give dad a hug from Denmark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! And they're so well made. I had cupcakes as a gift from The Cupcake Bakery once, they were beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There is one on Elizabeth St in the CBD but I know I've seen them elsewhere too - mine were ordered from interstate so you can probably order online?

      Delete
  3. I love the idea! One of my best friends had an accident falling off of my seventh story balcony a year ago and I really like this party idea. I might suggest we do something similar for him. The cupcakes are adorable and thanks for a great idea!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's terrible Kat. For him to survive that fall really does call for a party every year.

      Delete
  4. That is such an inspiring, awesome tradition! These cupcakes are so awesome! She really did a great job on them!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "still alive" theme is completely new to me, and very inspiring. Cupcakes aside (which, I am very glad you found!!) I would like to thank you for sharing your Dad's story and wonderful celebration. Here's to 30 more years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!