Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Foiled Again!



Here's my first attempt at foils! It's not bad if I do say so myself ( I was after all following the instruction sheet step by step). These are a holo gold foil in a geometric pattern, bought from ebay. I also got the adhesive but no top coat, after one attempt that shrunk with the Seche I swapped to a supercheap $1 brand from the cheap shop which worked excellently. The bling shine is very impressive, way more gold than what I could ever get from a gold polish alone. I think only a Minx mani would top it for shine.
Because I can't leave alone, I added some Black Konad bows. Pics are not the best.
The wear with these are very disappointing, they wore away from the tips after 2 hours revealing the polish underneath.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that's sparkly! And the bow is very cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job - the foils look great. I managed to get a couple of days out of my foils, but I did do two coats of top coat (the second was Seche and it didn't wrinkle). I also painted top coat around the tip edges to try to seal it more too. Your konad stamps on this look great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cut. I love
    stopdidine
    htpp://nailartbeauty.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that they didn't last long, but at least while you had them, they were hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! absolutely Stunning! love the bow

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER COOL! Too bad they peeled off. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the effect is stunning ! I must give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love foils! You have done well with them. I also do cheap topcoat and then a coat of Seche when dry and 'wrap' over the tips and manage to get 2-3 days out of them.

    I think I might have a play with mine on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did an amazing job for your first time using foils! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tips. Next time I'll be doing the second coat with Seche for sure as today ( the second day of wear) there is hardly anything left from halfway up the nail...and it's all sticky and gross!

    Thanks for yr encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!