Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Way We Wear Vintage Fair

Yesterday the Melbourne The Way We Wear Vintage Fair, which also incorporated a Titanic clothing Exhibition, was on in Williamstown and the husband took me shopping. I know, he's a keeper.

As always, please click on the pics to make them bigger.


Browsing Callie's Jewellery from Hunted and Collected.




Loved this trio of displays.



I love big frilly petticoats more than almost anything!



The Titanic clothing was obviously not what was actually worn on the ship itself, but they were examples of what was cutting edge at the time. It was also very interesting to read the stories of the people onboard, especially the story about THAT necklace which the whole Titanic movie was focused around.


Oh no dear husband, we didn't really spend that much money....you are just adding it up wrong.


I wore a 50's full circle dress with black lace-like pattern all over, a 50's beaded cardi, a modern red belt and my lucite heeled Irregular Choice shoes. The shoes got more comments than anything, they are engraved clear heels and are super groovy. My Velvet Roses purse is 50's and I own it thanks to the gorgeous Carolina who shipped it over for me.

I made my 'faux bakelite' cherries necklace from glass and I got a couple of orders from stall holders for one of their own so I can't wait to get started on those this week.


Afterwards we went down to the pier and the kids ran wild. We introduced Miss 10's friend into the world of Vintage and I think she was a bit bored.


I'll post about my very small haul tomorrow.  That was my Saturday, what did you guys do?

6 comments:

  1. Your looking smashing as always. That cherry necklace you made is beautiful! I love anything with cherries on it. Will you be selling them? I hope so. Looks like it was a fun time with lots of interesting clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your necklace, I love cherries too, but I only have one top with a cherry print and it's been relegated to pjs as I stretched it beyond recognition when I was pregnant lol
    Love the sound of the shoes too, can we see a close-up pretty please? I'm intrigued!
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Such a wonderful fair! Where I live I have never seen something like that. Did you bought many things? pics pleaseee =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to go to a vintage fair, looks amazing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing dresses are here..feeling glad to visit this site..thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, now I'm so excited for the Brisbane The Way We Wear one :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!