Wednesday, September 22, 2010

William Tell Me About OPI








This somehow found it's way into my shopping cart last week, even tho I had convinced myself none of the OPI new collection really appealed to me and I was going to leave it all.
Nevertheless, it's very ME and I can always have another darker than dark Burgundy Brown Vamp in my drawers.
The downside to this color is that it took 3 coats to become opaque and non streaky. This is too many coats for a creme and I wasn't impressed. It did dry glossy tho. Removal around my cuticles was not easy, as the polish stained them in an instant...so I am hoping that removal is going to be easy and does not involve lemon juice.
I Konaded it with Sally Hansen Chrome in Carnelian and finished with 1 coat of Seche QD. The Konad pictures are in sunlight, polish pictures are under artificial light.

17 comments:

  1. hmm I expected better from opi. I think they are overrated. I'm loving orly more than opis at the moment. I'd buy a orly over an opi if it was the same color.lol. but it still is a pretty color..too bad about staining.. I hate stains

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the staining, a have a polish very similer in color to the one your wearing but it is by oriflame and it stains my nails too!! hmm, i have never used lemon juice...
    also, i love you stamping!! last saturday i JUST bought the konad IP you are using, i am so excited to try it out!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color, love the design you did over it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty color. The konad is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I expected better from OPI, hope it doesn't stain. Double basecoat? Do love your konad over it though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute konad...I haven't bought any of the Swiss colours and probably won't. I do like Ski Teal We Drop and Diva of Geneva though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Nail art is so beautiful!! :D

    -Mia
    http://miafied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty colour and I love how the stamping looks on it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The konad is so pretty! I love the pattern and colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty; Orly is a new brand for me but I've been very impressed so far. Their colors are very pigmented and the formula is wonderful.

    Kelly; lemon juice works to a certain extent on the nails but the skin doesnt really react with it. BiCarb soda works on skin really well.

    Serena; I have just been gifted Diva of Geneva...might try that one 2nite!

    Thank u everyone for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. um.. your nails look... AMAZING! beautiful job :D i just wrote about my first OPI polishes & am totally inspired by this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow 3 coats for a creme in O.P.I is a lot. That is so odd. The color is so pretty non the less and I love the stamping you added. It made the color pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice combination! I gotta get more chrome polishes, they look great with konad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The whole Swiss collection is amazing I want to buy all of them!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!