Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Recent Vintage Buys

Um...all my recent vintage buys seem to be clothing. In me defense, I did clean out my wardrobe and sell a HEAP of stuff on Facebook...so it all evens out in the end!

Here are a few new pretties to help me look Fabulous:


A skirt exactly like this was on eBay for over $100 and altho I loved it, it was way too much to pay for a skirt.  When THIS one came up on eBay, a few days later at a buy it now price of $30, I nabbed it as quick as lightening.  The halter dress version in this print has always been highly sought after, even more so when Carrie wore it on an episode of Sex And The City.


Novelty clip on hat earrings from the 40's!  I am in total love with the gloves and glasses pair.



I love my new 50's orange cardi with novelty leopard racing around the side. 


I got this Koret Arabian inspired blouse and skirt set on eBay recently.  I can't wait until it's warmer so I can wear it with some jangling earrings, wedges, a wide black belt and piles of bangles.


This 60's satin dress and bolero dress was marked down to $40 on Etsy.  It fits like a glove and makes me look like I have some hips and butt swaying back there. 



2 novelty skirts to add to my collection.  A tip for Etsy purchasing:  if interested in 2 or more items from the one shop, always ask the seller if they offer a multiple purchase discount.  I've NEVER had anybody say no and have always been given a discount.  I got 15% off these skirts.


I also emailed the seller asking for a discount on this dress, even tho it had only been up for sale for a few days.  She gave me $20 off and I was happy.  I have huge blue roses in mind for my hair, blue bangles and my Miss L Fire blue flower wedges.  HURRY UP SUMMER!!!!

Tell me what you guys have scored lately!

11 comments:

  1. These are all so great. I really love the racing cheetah cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! I love the leopard cardi, too, and I'm in love with those two novelty skirts!It's so funny to hear you wishing for it to be warmer...I'm in California and it's been sweltering the last week! I've been thinking "c'mon cooler weather!" I guess we always want what we don't have, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm in California too! Glad to hear someone else is looking forward to the cool season.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love those skirts. I'm still waiting to find someone to take in my Bernie Dexter dresses. I haven't really scored anything really good lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What incredibly marvelous finds! I especially adore the first floral print skirt (*swoon*). Not much wiggle room in the budget for vintage wardrobe treasures at the moment, so I don't have any new acquisitions that can compete with these beauties. I did however pick up a glass 1950s navy blue wiggle skirt on eBay recently for quite a song, which I'm already living in (and which finally fills in the navy blue skirt gap in my closet).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your skirts! Especially that last dress oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do I start? I always drive myelf insane trying to decide which is my fav. So hard, but that orange cardy is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty! I can't decide which ones I'm most jealous of. My recent finds have all been of the thrift variety... I did pick up the most amazing Hawaiian wiggle dress with slits on both sides, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some wonderful finds. I am nearly shocked at the bargains you were able to acquire. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wiggle dress is SPECTACULAR! I bet you look like a total bombshell in it :-D

    Those skirts will be ace for the changing season too :-D

    AND - good tip on the multiple purchase discount :) I love the relationships you can build with sellers on Etsy - they are usually a very friendly bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow what a fantastic haul! I love all the clothes but the black dress with the blue roses is my favourite - I have a thing for blue roses. The Arabian inspired dress is so unusual and the earrings are adorable. I'm jealous!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!