Thursday, May 2, 2013

Latest Thrifty Finds

 
More Pixies!  Argh, dying from the cuteness of it all! 
This is a teapot, sugarbowl and shakers set I nabbed on eBay for $13.
 
 
2 1950's petticoats from a local Op shop for $14 each. 
A little expensive for an Op shop, someone knew what they were!  Hate that.....
I had been wanting an Emerald green petticoat for ages and the pastel rainbow one is glorious.
 
 
A predrilled holed plate for my next 3 Tiered plate stand project, $3. 
(Check out that link for how to make your own) 
And a small posey 50's vase, also $3.
 
 
Not vintage but this little peasant top will look fab with my Mexican skirts.
 
What treasures have you found lately?

10 comments:

  1. Love your treasures! Those pixies are adorable! Now I have the thrifting itch - got to go soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! You sure did hit the jackpot! I love your new petticoats. I've been looking for colored ones forever but haven't found any as of yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I have ever found anything remotely 50's in the way of lingerie in a thrift shop. I guess I just got the lucky day.

      Delete
  3. Love your finds! x

    fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those pettiskirts are fabulous! I too have been on the hunt for a green one (ideally dark green like this) for absolutely ages. Happy congrats on all of these delightful pieces, sweetie - those pixies couldn't be more adorable!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emerald green is hard to come by in vintage undergarments. It's not a very 'pouffy' one but at least I will now I'm wearing a green petticoat!

      Delete
  5. Those petticoats are amazing! Although pricier than usual in a thrift store, they're still reasonable.... I would have snapped them up!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no way I was going to leave them there, even at a higher price point!

      Delete
  6. I envy you the petticoats. Flea markets are just about starting up in Denmark and I can hardly wait. I really need some bargains to warm me up. Weather is still cold here in little DK. Have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!