Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Sash

 
 
 
The Vintage Studio recently had a 20% off sale so I grabbed this dress that had been on my watch list for awhile.  I had a small concern that it was a little "grannyish", but I don't think it is now that it is on.  The crimped hair, fishnet stockings and mile high wedges help a little....
 
 
I love how the sash is purple and mustard....and the dress has no mustard or purple in it whatsoever!
 
50's Dress: The Vintage Studio
Stockings: Myer
Shoes: ASOS

17 comments:

  1. Super cute! The sash really makes the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks great on, I have a lot of those moments with vintage dresses. I always think is this too Grandma looking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sash definitely helps make the dress not look "granny". So do the tights. I know I never want to look matronly or granny-ish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, grannyish instills fear into my heart.....

      Delete
  4. I LOOOOVE this fab frock - aint nothing grannyish about it at all! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello divine Sarah, I have missed you and your shack!

      Delete
  5. And what a thoroughly lovely sash it is! I agree, I like how the dress and sash colours differ, yet don't clash at all, as they're all darker, evening inspired hues.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is GORGEOUS!!!! Not granny-ish at all. In fact, it seems to be slimming. You look like a total babe in it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!