Friday, September 14, 2012

Vintage Doll Kit From The Eco Experience

Today I have something completely different but super cute for you all!

The Eco Experience contacted me and asked if I would like to review one of their vintage doll kits, and seeing as they were made from Vintage fabrics and patterns....of course, I said yes.

The Eco Experience believes that intelligent design equals ethical design. 
They seek children's products that have:

Natural Fibres Woods from sustainable sources.
Recycled or upcycled components
Vegetable based dyes
All of their products are rigorously researched. They know where they came from and how they were made.
All their printed products, including wrapping, are all environmentally sound.


 

The team at Eco sent me their Jane Foster Doll Kit, but the problem is......I don't sew. I REFUSE. 
So there.

So my very clever bestie, Fiona-Brooke from It's A Beautiful Life (and who makes my children the bestest hair bows ever) offered to make it for me on the condition that she gets to keep it!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
And here she is!  Apparently it took FB about half an hour to whip up, the most time consuming part was the cut out.
 
The Eco Experience ship for FREE Australia Wide and will also gift wrap for free if you need your toys as a gift.   You can contact Jade or Daniel from the website or email them on:
jade@theecoexperience.com.au
daniel@theecoexperience.com.au

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. I was never one for dolls though. I preferred my tea sets and Nancy Drew books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! I've always been a fan of dolls of all kinds, and love how fabric based one like this remind me of the homemade ones my paternal grandma would make me as special gifts when I was a little girl.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!