Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm On The Mexican Radio

My skirt is my most exciting piece of vintage I have purchased for awhile. Sometimes you open a package and gasp at the splendiferous-ness of it all and this skirt was one of them.


 
 
One of the nicest 1950's handpainted and sequin embellished skirts I have come across....in my opinion. I love how it's not the traditional black based color. This one POPS!


 

It's still a little chilly and I had to wear a cardi. Unfortunately the color I picked was a little too loud, but I didn't know that until afterwards when I looked at these photos.
 




Skirt: Facebook OohLaLa Buy and Sell
Top & Cardi: Retail
Shoes: K-mart
Cat eye Sunnies: ASOS (currently on sale)

18 comments:

  1. Wow that is one spectacular skirt!! Nice find :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard to find a nice one with my waist size!

      Delete
  2. That is an uh-MAZING skirt. I think the cardigan is perfect, it picks up the yellow in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. I've been looking for one for a while but they're all so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! Even with the tie waist you still need to find one your waist size, or else there are gaping holes on the waist.

      Delete
  4. Oh my stars, that is a million degrees of awesomeness! Stellar find - and very inspiring for those like me who are still on the hunt for our first handpainted Mexican skirt (I can find them no prob, it's just that they're always miles beyond my budget ;) ).


    Have a gorgeous weekend, hon!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the price on them has sky rocketed recently. This skirt was around half the price as to what you see them on Etsy for. And in my size which is always a bonus. Best bet is to find one in a small vintage store in a small town where they haven't raised their prices in 5 years!!

      Delete
  5. You are my novelty print queen, I wish I could find some skirts but they are always soooo expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with novelty prints...it's pretty much all I look for.

      Delete
  6. Wow, it truly is a wonderful piece! :) MMM! Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab skirt, a true work of wearable art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh its lovely. Can you post a link to the selling page as ive had a search and I cant find it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!