Monday, September 3, 2012

Cakes, Cakes & Cakes

With this years Royal Melbourne Show looming, I had better show the Cake entry photos from last year!!

 
My favourite, the stained glass tiered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Poor old Amy.
 
 
 
And the below were all made by under 15 yr old kids!
 
 
 
 
 
Unbelievable isn't it?  I wish I was that good at cake decorating now, let alone back when I was 15!
 
Hopefully I won't be going to this year's Melbourne Show.  They are very tedious if you are over the age of 13....and it's all a bit seedy really..... and the rides always look like they are going to break. 
 
Anyone else dreading this years Agricultural Shows?!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the cakes look amazing, and the under 15's are incredibly talented : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I remember when I was little and it was my dream to go to the show every single year and I would howl and cry and carry on if my parents wouldn't take me.

    I would like to go and take a peek at the chooks and the guinea pigs (my future old-age hobby).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the Royal Melbourne Show since I was 17 or so. I agree, it can be a little difficult to manage as you get older. Thank god I don't have kids yet, I'm not looking forward to those days or being asked for every showbag. Mind you I probably did the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely cakes! Is it so bad that I feel like eating them all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What immensely beautiful, creative cakes. I echo your sentiments about how talented the under 15s were completely, especially since I have pretty much zip in the way of cake decorating skills myself.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!