Sunday, September 30, 2012

Recent Thrifty Finds


How could I leave this gorgeous little Burro and cart in the Oppie for $1?? I grabbed him as soon as the lady popped him on the shelf. She looked a little surprised. I am now on the hunt for some 50's lucite grapes to fill his cart.



I scored some more Sunbeam glass mixing bowls for my ever growing Sunbeam mixer collection. Cough *3* cough mixers...... These bowls were $2 and $3 each.



This cottage pin dish and Margaret Rose compact were freebies from 2 glorious old ladies in 2 different Op shops on the same day! I must have looked ultra cute that day.



And another cake stand. I pick up every cheap one I see....a lady can never have too many plates that hold cakes.

13 comments:

  1. That cart and the animal is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did some thrifting today, scored a great beaded cardigan and some more of my Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only dream of finding something so awesomne as a beaded cardi in an op shop!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful thrifty finds! My mom and I just spent several marvelous hours hitting the local yard sales and then a couple of thrift stores. I found an amazing vintage tooled leather purse, some mid-century spice tins (like the kind spices once came in from the grocery store), and a couple of other lovely little yesteryear pieces, so I'm a very happy camper today, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE those style spice tins! I have a harlequin set in anodised aluminium.

      Delete
  4. Love the compacts and white bowls! Now I want to go shopping!

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a cake plate really bad! I never see them at the thrift shops. I love the one you found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake stands are usually easy to find. I pick one up every few months for only a few dollars each. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I'm sure Grandma had a donkey pulling a cart??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check hers out but mine is a lot smaller I think. And hers has the fruit in it.

      Delete
  7. Great finds. That burro is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!