Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And The Rest

The rest of the Models Own that I ordered. I got all the Beetlejuices minus Pinky Brown which was sold out, and after seeing online swatches I don't think I'll be ordering it.


Two coats on it's own in artificial light.


On it's own in natural shaded light. You can see the slight duochrome shift in natural light, but it's not a huge one and a bit boring actually.



One coat over one coat of black. The color shift shows a bit better once it's over the black. But....still a little boring.


And under artificial light.




Two coats of Purple Blue in natural shaded light. I think this may be my favourite, but I am still loving Emerald Black too. It's pigmented in color, opaque in 2 coats and has an obvious color shift that didn't need 60 pictures to try and capture.


And under artificial light.   Difference in color is huge in different lights!

So, my take on this collection is that it's all a little been done a hundred times before. Models Own really did take FANTASTIC bottle shots in their promo pictures and got us all super hyped up. In reality they are a little ho hum......but that's just my opinion.

5 comments:

  1. The first one is lovely over a black. Maybe not very unique but I love the colour on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection is so great!!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were sold out last week. I haven't checked again. Maybe I just don't need them all that bad. They are pretty but aren't they like some other polishes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally bummed that these didn't live up to the bottle photos they posted :( though I'm glad I saved myself some money. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tip of applying over black polish to bring out a more awesome colour! How did I not know of this?! Will def be trying :) Gotta say though, really did like the collection :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!