Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Love Vintage Fair, Melbourne

It's been a whole year since the last Love Vintage! How depressing that it only feels like a couple of months ago! This year the layout was much more impressive in a gorgeous building, The old Exhibition Centre.



Fre-Mor seed bead purses. I have been lusting after one for ages but these babies were around $400 each.





Prices were much nicer this year, it seemed. I remember dresses being an average of $200 up for a day dress but I noticed this time prices seemed to hover around $150.



We tried on some fox stoles. The Sexiest Man On The Planet looked rather gorgeous, if not a little like a pimp.

A few of my favourite items from the day:






This was almost $4000. Oh, to be rich!


Part of the Exhibition building's painted ceiling.


The LIndy Charm School demo'd makeovers


Burlesque performer Foxtrot India.


Miss 10 wore a Deco inspired dress with cutout patterned tights and a 50's fedora. She has started to dress in vintage clothes and it's something I am encouraging.

Miss 3 wore a ballet tutu, of course, she goes everywhere in a tutu.

Sexiest Man wore a 60's woolen suit with a 50's fedora.

And I opted for something super bright and eye catching in my 50's polka-dotted circle dress and sparkling gold lucite purse.

It was a great day even tho I spent.....$20!  On hair setting lotion!!  Husband was ecstatic.  We then went to the Musuem, anybody interested in photos of that?

20 comments:

  1. Great pictures, you all looked beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and yes, I would love to see museum photos, I love a museum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh the pearlised lucite bag is gorgeous! My favourite thing of all though is your stunning black and yellow dress.

    Penny Dreadful Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That purse was $500, and probably worth it as I have never seen another one.

      Delete
  4. What a cute little family you have there! That vintage show looks fabulous...I adore that lucite bag (never seen one quite like it) and the black dress with the cherries. The dead creatures "round the neck? Ick. Although my cat is bugging the crap pout of me right now and to be honest I'm picturing him like that right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dina! The lucite urse was gorgeous and way out of my price range. The cherries dress was in my price range...but wau out of my waist range!!

      Delete
  5. Miss 3 looks so adorable! miss 10 looks like a proper little star altogether!
    Not loving the dead fox though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't mind seeing museum pics. :) Sounds like you had a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous family you guys are! And yes please to museum pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your whole family is just picture perfect=]

    I wish there were any fests like this going on near me, but sadly, no..

    and who doesn't like museums?

    ReplyDelete
  9. the picture perfect family - what a fun glimpse into your life - thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish u had have worn a video on ur head so we could have seen everything u saw! That place looked so amazing. Pity bout the black cherry dress, that was so u! Might I add sexiest man looked very dapper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just gotta 6 inches off my waist and that cherry dress could be mine! Sigh.
      I'll tell Mr Sexy your comment, he will be secretly thrilled.

      Delete
  11. Same here for Museum pics! All of you looked wonderful, great about Miss 10 going into vintage styles. It looks a gorgeous Fair! We are still hearing about how great you all looked up here mid May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do tell! Was that the Art of Elegance? Please link me to who you are so I can come say hello next time!

      Delete
  12. Oh, I wished I'd known you were going! I've been reding your blogs for a while, and I love meeting the ladies behind the blogs.
    I was there too, although on Friday night for the opening. I entered the best dressed competition and came third! Although, becasue I spent so long fluffing around with that, I missed seeing about half of the fair. Probably just as well, my bank account would have hated me. I will agree about the prices though, they were down a lot on last year (thanks GFC) and everything was so much better set up and organised and presented this year. I can't wait til next year... I've already started creating first prize worthy outfits in my mind! Haha.

    Have you been to 'The Way We Wear' in Williamstown? They're no where near as big, but that has the added advantage of meaning prices are a lot less and shop owners have more time and are more willing to interact with looky lous' like me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Emily! I think we did Lindy Charm School class together at Bells Belles Vintage in Castlemaine?
    I would have loved to have gone Friday night but it's just not possible. Saturday was super busy and it was hard to get into the booths for a proper look. I also bought nothing.
    The Way we Wear Fairs I go to regularly. The prices there are on the expensive side tho. They are holding their first one in Bendigo this Saturday, let me know if you are going!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!